Join our society and benefit from:
- Fresh air, exercise and companionship
- Planned activities
- Nature Interpretation and other outdoor information
- Involvement in Community Trails decision-making & maintenance.
Complete our membership application and return it to Meritxell Bookstore or Shon’s Bike-Ski-Stay in Nakusp, or any Society Member.
There are many ways to volunteer with the Society; some of these are listed below. Any help is appreciated and makes a difference to the Society and the community. Anyone interested in volunteering can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Stewardship/Adopt a Trail: Here’s how it works: Choose a trail you would like to adopt. Hike it as soon as possible in the spring and maybe once more in August. Take note of any condition issues such as trees across the trail or water damage. Report back to email@example.com that this trail work needs to be done.
2. Board of Directors: Serve on the Board and be closely involved in planning and decision-making. We only meet 3 to 4 times a year. We do most of our discussion and decisions by email.
3. Trail maintenance–join our maintenance crew or form your own. (We strongly recommend you don’t do maintenance alone.)
4. Project or Team Member: From time to time we will have special projects and will call on you to help out – for example: Fund raising events, helping out at our booth at the Farmers’ Market, signage development etc.